WHAT IS TREATMENT LIKE?
UNDERSTANDING THE TREATMENT CENTER
You have gotten to the point where you are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Addiction sucks the life out of you, and you are now ready to feel happy and pursue the life that you deserve. However, you have reservations about entering addiction treatment. Your reservations may be due to a combination of fear of life without your addictive substance and misconceptions about rehab. Having an idea about what addiction treatment is like will make taking the leap easier.
When You First Arrive
Upon your arrival at an addiction treatment center, you will be greeted by a friendly, compassionate admissions counselor. The admissions counselor will ask you questions relating to your present state of mind, health insurance plan, substance abuse history, and psychosocial history. After meeting with an admissions counselor, you will meet with a medical team. The medical team will ask questions about your medical history, take your vitals, and run some other tests to determine your detox needs.
The length of your detox can be from several days to two weeks. The specific length of your detox is contingent on the length of your active addiction, substances used, size, gender, and age. The medical team will monitor you and treat you with the appropriate medications to make your withdrawal as safe and comfortable as possible.
Therapy Methods that Are Used in Addiction Treatment
- Individual Therapy Though cliche, individual therapy is the most important type of therapy in addiction treatment. Every addiction is triggered by an underlying psychological issue (e.g. childhood trauma, stress, or an undiagnosed/untreated mental health disorder). You will be assigned a one-on-one counselor to identify and treat the trigger to your addiction. Your counselor will use various therapy methods to treat your psychological pain.
- Group Therapy Group therapy is important because it teaches you how to work with others in recovery. Your best source of help is other recovering individuals. A typical group therapy session will be facilitated by a counselor. The counselor will pick a topic or activity, and you and the group will discuss it or engage in the activity.
- Experiential Therapy Experiential therapy is a group of therapies that involve doing an activity. The most common experiential therapies that are used by addiction treatment centers are art, music, animal, yoga/meditation, and nature therapy. You may take off-site trips to engage in these activities.
Other Holistic Treatments
Many treatment centers are now using chiropractic care, massage therapy, acupuncture, biosound therapy, and infrared sauna to as part of their holistic approach.
Types of Addiction Treatment Programs
Inpatient treatment is not the only option for receiving addiction treatment nowadays. Inpatient treatment consists of the clients living at the treatment center and being confined to the treatment center for as long as they are designated to stay in treatment (typically 30 to 90 days). Outpatient treatment consists of the clients going to their treatment sessions while living at home, going to work, and continuing with their normal lifestyle outside of treatment. There are three different types of outpatient treatment: partial-hospitalization, intensive-outpatient, and partial-hospitalization. They range in frequency and length of meetings. Partial-hospitalization typically meets five days a week for six hours. Intensive-outpatient typically meets two to five days a week for three hours. Outpatient typically meets one or two days a week for one or two hours. Health insurance typically covers varying durations and amounts of both inpatient and outpatient treatment.
Coastal Treatment Center
Coastal Treatment Center is located in Stuart, Florida. Our treatment model is designed to meet the modern needs of the individual. We guarantee that an individual will be able to return to work in 30 days. Our program consists of three phases. The first phase is medical detox, which can last up to 14 days. The second phase is residential treatment, which lasts two to three weeks. The third and final phase is outpatient treatment while the individual returns to work, which lasts three to six months.
If you, your loved one, or employee is interested in receiving help - call us today 866-754-9113
See what makes Coastal Treatment Center stand out above the rest.
- On-Site pharmacy
- 24/7 on-site medical staff
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Nutritious chef-prepared meals
- Healthy snacks and juices available 24/7
- Spacious bedrooms with personal 40" LED TV's and pillow top mattresses
- Comfortable dining rooms
- Relaxing living areas with big screen LED TV's
- Lush outdoor Zen garden with peaceful waterfalls
- Ultra-private location
- 24/7 chauffeured transportation to and from Coastal Detox
- Wide variety of soothing holistic treatment therapies such as:
- Far Infared Sauna
- Biosound Bed
- Cold Laser
- Meditation / Yoga Pavillion